Water leaks aren’t the end of the world, but they sure can be a hassle. The best way to protect your home against the risks of water leaks is by working with a professional water leak detection and repair service company. Here at A River City Plumbing, we understand how important it is to catch leaks before they become full-on floods. Using the latest leak detection methods, we can limit water damage and ensure an accurate fix the first time we come to your home.
A common cause of leaks is excess pressure buildup in your plumbing. Resolve these concerns with routine drain cleaning services from your local plumbing pros in Post Falls, ID and Greater Spokane, Washington areas.
Common Causes of Water Leaks
We all know that the best chance we have at preventing water leaks is by knowing what can cause them. With proper knowledge of the most common culprits behind leaks, you will be one step closer to eliminating leaks within your residence. Some of the common culprits include:
- Clogged Pipes: When you have clogged pipes in your home, the water needs to go somewhere. The blockages obstructing the free-flow of water in your piping can not only cause a burst pipe but can also cause small cracks due to excessive pressure.
- Old Pipes: If your home was built more than 50 years ago, there’s a good chance it’s time for whole-home repiping services. Older homes tend to have galvanized pipes that are highly susceptible to rust and corrosion, resulting in cracks and leaks.
- Tree Roots: As tree roots grow and spread out underneath our homes, our home’s piping systems can easily be intruded. These roots can create large cracks in our pipes and result in underground leaks that you won’t know happened until your yard resembles that of a swampy marsh.
- Shifting of Home’s Foundation: Over time, the foundation of our homes shift due to natural wear and tear. This can cause leaks in our piping systems as pipes become shifted out of place.
- Man-made Damage: Nature isn’t the only thing that can negatively affect our piping systems. Poor construction jobs can also seriously damage our pipes and cause cracks and leaks.
How to Tell If There’s a Leak?
Despite what many may think, water leaks aren’t always obvious or even visible. Water leaks mostly occur underground or in hidden areas of our homes such as behind walls or cabinetry. However, there are a few indications to be watchful for that usually signify a water leak is present in your home. These signs include:
- Poor Water Pressure: A sure way to tell a water leak is present somewhere in your home is if your faucets can no longer produce pressurized water. If your water pressure is weak, this can indicate that the water is going elsewhere.
- Increased Water Bill: As a homeowner, very seldom should you be surprised with a major difference in your home’s water bill. If you receive a suddenly high bill, there’s a good chance that a leak is present.
- Foul Odor: Another good indication that a water leak is present within your home is smelling mildew throughout your home. Moisture is a breeding ground for fungus such as mold and the result is usually an unpleasant mildewy odor present in your home.
- Sound of Water Dripping: Perhaps the most obvious signs that a leak is present in your home is if you can actually hear the water dripping. If the sound of dripping can’t be explained by a leaky faucet, there is most likely a leak in your home.
Even a small leak can increase your utility costs and cause extensive damage and mold growth. Our expert water leak detection pros can locate a leak with pinpoint accuracy, giving you a long-term fix to your plumbing concerns.
Is the age of your plumbing the reason for your water leak concerns? Be sure to ask about our whole-home repiping services, to see if a complete upgrade is right for you!
Importance of Working With Professional Leak Repair Company
When it comes to anything regarding your home’s plumbing system, professional care is always recommended. While many plumbing service companies suggest there are faster or cheaper solutions available, if you want a long-lasting solution instead of a quick “fix,” a professional repair company is the best option.
When it comes to professionalism, there is no better option in Post Falls, ID and Greater Spokane, Washington areas than A River City Plumbing. Our experts are highly-skilled and the absolute best at what they do. That is why when you hire our services, we guarantee satisfaction every time! No matter if you need water leak detection services because the sound of water dripping is driving you crazy, or you need emergency leak repair services, we can help.