Plumbing concerns are always going to be in the back of any homeowner’s mind. These aggravating issues are bound to happen sooner or later, and having a dependable plumbing company by your side is essential. If you find yourself in the middle of a plumbing emergency, A River City Plumbing is here to come to your rescue. Having serviced the Hayden, ID community for over 30 years, you can count on our experienced and reliable plumbing contractors for all your plumbing needs.
Looking for personalized solutions for your home's plumbing needs? Contact our licensed experts for helpful recommendations and upfront pricing!
Signs You Need a New Water Heater
Water heaters usually last around 8-12 years. Around the 10th year or sometime soon after, your water heater may begin to experience a little trouble. A few repairs may do the trick to keep it running for the meantime but eventually, your system may need to be replaced. Here are a few signs to look out for:
- Rusty Water: If your water heater is producing rusty water, this could be a sign that the tank is rusting on the inside. This indicates it’s definitely time for replacement services.
- Lack of Hot Water: If you’re beginning to notice the lack of hot water while you’re showering or washing dishes, this may be an indicator that your water heater is beginning to fail.
- Leaking: When you first begin to notice any leaks on or near your water heater, call in for a repair. If over time you still notice leaking, it may be a sign to replace your water heater with a new one.
- Old Water Heater: As stated above, the average conventional water heater can last up to 10-15 years. If your water heater exceeds that time span you may begin to run into a few issues. At some point, the cost of constant repairs can outpace the investment in a new system.
These are a few signs to keep in mind. If you begin to notice your water heater lacking the impact that it once had, it may be telling you that it’s time to upgrade. Upgrading to a new water heater can be energy efficient, less of a hassle, and also money-saving, especially if you opt to install a tankless water heater.
Looking to grow with an established plumbing company? Join the experts at A River City Plumbing and serve hundreds of homeowners in Hayden, ID! Apply online today!
How Clogged Drains Can Affect Your Home
Clogged drains can be a real trouble to deal with. They can affect your Hayden, ID home in several different ways, including but not limited to:
- Bad Smell: Over time, residue and bacteria build up inside of your pipes resulting in a very foul odor. If you don't tend to it once you notice the smell, it can have effects not just on your home but also your health.
- Low Water Pressure: When you notice the lack of pressure when washing dishes, brushing your teeth or taking a shower, this could be an effect of a clogged drain. Trying a few home remedies may soothe the issue, but if it arises again, call a professional to check out the problem.
- Flooding: Another way clogged drains affect your home is by flooding. You may begin to notice water rising to an unreasonable height while taking a shower or even noticing the build-up of water outside of your home. When these symptoms become noticeable, reach out for help.
- Increase In Water Bill: No one wants to receive an unreasonable increase in their water bill. When you begin to notice your water bill fluctuating, this may be the result of a clogged drain.
Clogged drains are a natural occurrence. There are many preventative methods that can be taken to make sure your drains keep from clogging. Just in case those preventative methods don’t go the distance, give us a call and let us find and fix the issue.
Reliable Plumbing Services a Call Away
Whether you’re experiencing signs of needing a new water heater or you’re dealing with clogged drains, A River City Plumbing is here to help. Our team consists of highly recommended and passionate individuals who take pride in their work and going above and beyond to produce desirable results.