Your home’s septic tank is an essential part of your plumbing system as it is in charge of treating your home’s wastewater. Without a properly functioning septic tank, your home can suffer from sewer gas leakage and many other stinky problems. If you have a newly installed septic tank that needs to be connected to your plumbing system, A River City Plumbing is here to help. We offer top quality septic plumbing service in Post Falls, ID and Greater Spokane, Washington, areas and can connect your septic tank quickly and properly to help you avoid some of the worst plumbing issues you can face as a homeowner.
Avoid blockages in your plumbing with routine drain cleaning. Not only will it keep your septic system running in top shape, but also it’ll improve water pressure too!
Common Septic Tank Problems
If you own a septic tank, you can hope and pray that it works forever but there will come a day when it’s time for professional service. Common signs of septic failure that we treat include:
- Sewage Backup: If you are unlucky enough to experience one of the worst and most common signs of septic tank failure, it will be very hard to ignore. When water and sewage begin backing up into your home through toilets or sinks, you will know that there is something wrong with your septic tank.
- Slow Draining: Another common indication of septic tank failure is when your toilets, sinks, and showers become slow to drain. If you have slow drains, they should be professionally inspected to see if your septic tank is the source of the issue and not something else, like clogged pipes.
- Odd Noises: If you begin to experience abnormal gurgling noises emitting from your drains, this is a good indication that something is wrong with your septic system.
- Bad Odor: Another telltale sign that something is wrong with your home’s septic system is if you begin to smell sewer gas emitting from your drains. This could indicate cracks and leaks in your septic tank and should always be addressed urgently.
What Causes Septic Issues?
Septic tank issues are the worst and once they occur, it’s hard to focus on anything but getting them fixed. One way you can protect your home from experiencing frequent septic system issues is by being equipped with knowledge on what can cause these issues in the first place.
Some of the most common causes of septic issues are:
- Excess sludge buildup
- A tank that is not routinely maintained will experience frequent issues
- The older your septic tank gets, the more susceptible it becomes to problems
- Issues in the drain field
Unlike a more modern sewage system that removes wastewater and sends it out into the sewage system, a septic system processes waste locally. This means that you need to be sure everything is working as it should. More often than not, septic tank issues stem from an overflowing tank.
Have a traditional sewer system and need help? We also offer sewer line repair and installation services, keeping wastewater concerns away from your home.
Hire Our Septic Tank Specialists
When it comes to septic tank services, there is no better company for the job than A River City Plumbing. Our knowledgeable specialists go above and beyond to provide our customers with friendly and quality services. If you are looking for a professional to connect your new septic tank to your home plumbing system, you can count on our plumbers to help keep your system running in top shape.