Homeowners all around the world are unsuspecting victims of the nuisance that is known as hard water. Hard water is water that contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium in very high concentrations. While hard water isn’t exactly harmful to your health, it can cause some trouble when it comes to the fixtures and appliances in your home. Here at A River City Plumbing, our experts are dedicated to providing Post Falls, ID and Greater Spokane, Washington areas with quality water softener installation services you can depend on.
Are you concerned with the overall water quality of your home? We also offer quality water filtration installation services.
Signs You Have Hard Water
Many have heard of the term “hard water,” but don’t recognize that they’re experiencing it in their own homes. A few signs to look out for that point to hard water being a problem in your plumbing system are:
- Weird Water Smells: A rotten smell coming from your water is a symptom of bacteria reacting with minerals to form sulfates. This usually only occurs when your home has a hard water problem.
- Clogged Pipes: Clogged pipes can be a direct result of scale deposits in the water supply. When minerals and plaque build up in your pipes, this can obstruct the flow of water.
- Dry Skin: Another common result of hard water is skin irritation. A high amount of minerals in your water will suck the moisture out of your skin, leaving it dry and itchy.
- Toilet Stains: Stubborn toilet stains are a common symptom of hard water spots. The stains that you see are simply leftover residue from your water.
If you notice any of these signs, give us a call and let us help determine if a water softener could benefit you and your home.
Benefits of Installing a Water Softener
One of the best ways to combat the effects of hard water is by installing a whole-home water softener. Some benefits include:
- Cleaner hair and softer skin
- Less time spent cleaning
- Cleaner dishes
- Laundry looks cleaner after washing
- Help maintain hot water heaters
- Reduce pipe and faucet damage
- Reduce the risk of plaque build-up
Installing a water softener can add value to your home. Give us a call to learn how one of these fixtures can make your life easier.
Hard water can damage appliances like washing machines and water heaters. If you’re struggling to get hot water in your home, it may be time for a water heater replacement.
Quality Solutions for Your Hard Water Concerns
With over 30 years of industry expertise, we’re here to take care of all of your plumbing and hard water issues. If your home has a hard water problem, give A River City Plumbing a call today! Our high-efficiency water softeners break down the mineral contents in hard water, leaving you with soft water that’ll be sure to make your home, plumbing systems, and your skin happier.