Whether you’re a new homeowner or you’ve owned your home for 20 years, at some point or another, you’re going to experience a clogged drain. Clogged drains can be caused by built-up mineral deposits or tangled clumps of hair blocking the drain. Whatever the culprit may be, our plumbing experts can resolve any issues with professional drain cleaning techniques. With long-lasting results and a plumbing-safe method, we’ll restore the flow of water to your home quickly and effectively. We proudly serve Post Falls, ID and Greater Spokane, Washington areas!
When traditional drain cleaning methods are no longer doing the trick, you may need a heavy-duty solution. Call us today and ask about our professional hydro jetting services.
Signs Your Drains Need Cleaning
Blockages in your drains can be caused by an array of occurrences. When you notice that your drains are becoming less effective by the day or you’re experiencing a pipe leak, our experts can help.
Some of the most common indications that your drains need professional cleaning include:
- Drains Are Slow: If you notice that your sink or tub is taking forever to drain, this could be an indication that your drains are clogged. Grease, hair, and soap scum are some of the most common culprits behind slow to empty drains.
- Strange Smells: Have you cleaned your home from roof to ceiling yet you can’t get rid of that sewage-like smell? It could just mean your pipes are backed up and the only way to rid the smell is by thorough drain cleaning.
- Gurgling Noises: Your drains definitely shouldn’t be emitting strange noises so if you’re experiencing gurgling noises, this may be a sign something is going on within your drains.
- Multiple Clogs: One drain clog is one thing but if your home has multiple clogs simultaneously, this is a great indication that a deeper issue is present and your home would benefit from professional drain repair services.
A clogged drain can literally prevent you from using an entire section of your home. Whether it’s the kitchen, bathroom, or even outdoor fixtures, getting expert drain cleaning is the best way to restore functionality to your home.
Best Preventative Measures Against Clogs
Though drain clogs are very common, they don’t always have to be. Luckily, there are a few preventative methods you can implement in your household to reduce the chances that a clog occurs. Some of these methods include:
- Run hot water down your drains after use
- Never put large chunks of food down the garbage disposal
- Never pour grease down the drain
- Cover drains with a mesh filter that can trap hair and other debris from going down the drain
- Never flush items such as wipes or feminine products down the toilet
- Never wash pets in the shower as their fur can easily create clogs
It’s always a good idea to have a family meeting to discuss the best way to prevent clogs in your home. Whether you have little ones that might throw something down the toilet or you need a hair catcher in the tub, getting everyone on the same page is integral to preventing clogs.
If your clogged plumbing is stemming from a deeper issue in your plumbing, we can help. Our technicians also offer sewer line repair services to stop the clogs at the source.
Expert Drain Cleaning Solutions
Despite all of the DIY methods readily available today, it is always recommended to opt for professional service when it comes to any plumbing issues. Store-bought solutions can actually do more harm than good and will end up wasting your time and money in the process. If you’re experiencing issues with your drains, call the knowledgeable pros here at A River City Plumbing and we’ll resolve all of your plumbing issues. From clumps of hair clogging the drain to mineral deposits caused by hard water, there’s not an issue we haven’t seen and treated. Pick up the phone and give us a call today!