Your home’s sewer line is the main artery of your plumbing system. When it becomes damaged, it’s important that it is replaced or repaired right away in order to prevent occurrences such as insect infestation or the horrendous smells of sewer gas floating around your property. If you suspect there are issues with your sewer line, give the experts at A River City Plumbing a call today. We provide quality sewer line repair and replacement services to homeowners in Post Falls, ID and Greater Spokane, Washington area and can ensure sewage flows in the right direction - away from your home.
A common cause of sewer line damage is plumbing clogs! Schedule an annual drain cleaning service with our experts today, and stop sewer line issues in their tracks.
Signs Your Sewer Line Is Damaged
When your home’s sewer line is damaged, there’s a great chance that it won’t take long for you to know something is wrong. It’s important to never ignore the signs and seek professional guidance in order to prevent further damage. Some of the most common indicators that your sewer line needs repair or replacement are:
- Sewer Gas Smell: The smell of sewer gas is enough to take away even the hungriest of appetites. The odor is so pungent that when you smell it, you can’t help but think something has gone horribly wrong. There’s a good chance you are correct and the contents of your home’s sewer line leaking out and creating odious chaos.
- Backups & Clogs: If you notice one drain in your home is clogged, this probably only means you need a good drain cleaning service. However, if multiple drains in your home are backed up, this could be an indication of a bigger problem at bay.
- Soggy Areas In Grass: When sewer lines become damaged or cracked, the contents can quickly seep out into your yard. You may notice certain areas of the grass are greener than others, meaning those areas have been getting more fertilized than others.
- Rodent/Insect Infestation: Moist areas are a safe haven for insects and rodents such as rats and beavers. They can quickly find solace in your damaged sewer line and wreak havoc on your plumbing system. If you notice the heightened activity of rodents and insects around your home, you may have sewer line damage.
- Mold Growth: If you begin to notice the growth of mold in your home’s walls, ceilings, or floors, this could be a sign of a damaged sewer line. This problem can pose a great risk to not only your home’s infrastructure but for your family’s health as well.
By addressing sewer line repair issues early on, you can prevent extensive damage to bother your home and health. Mold growth is a serious cause for concern and should never be taken lightly.
Common Causes of Sewer Line Issues
One of the most common sewer line issues homeowners experience is backup. Backup can be caused by an array of problems such as clogged pipes or tree root infiltration. The main culprits behind sewer line problems are:
- Collapsed Pipes
- Tree Roots Infiltration
- Clogged Pipes
- Corrosive Soil
- Faulty Installation
Another leading cause of sewer line damage is construction. Whether you’re remodeling your bathroom or digging around your property for a pool, keeping track of where your sewer line is, is essential. In the event your line is damaged beyond repair, a new one will need to be installed. In addition to our repair services, we also offer sewer line installations. We use the highest quality materials and methods to offer a seamless experience.
If your sewer line is constantly clogging or damaged, the age of your plumbing system may come into play. We offer whole-home repiping projects to help refresh your home’s plumbing system.
Work With Our Sewer Line Experts
At A River City Plumbing, our experts go above and beyond to create real solutions to costly problems. You rely on your home’s sewer line to function so you can flush your toilet and get rid of those sewer gas odors for good. Whether your gas line is old and leaking or you need to install a new one to accommodate your home needs, you can count on our plumbing contractors to keep your plumbing flowing in the right direction!