If your home is in constant need of pipe repairs, you may find yourself steadily wasting hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year on plumbing expenses. In most cases, the reason your pipes constantly need repair services is that they’ve deteriorated beyond repair. Repiping is a complex process that requires a professional to complete. At A River City Plumbing, we are your reliable Coeur d’Alene and Post Falls, ID plumbing contractors. From finding the ideal pipe material to completing the installation, your home will get a much-needed upgrade you can depend on.
Reduce wear and tear on your plumbing system by keeping up with routine plumbing maintenance like drain cleaning. You’ll add performance and life to your plumbing system!
When Is Repiping Needed?
Some people own their homes for many years before they need to start thinking about their piping systems. No matter how great your home’s pipes may have been when they were installed, there will come a day when whole-home repiping is necessary.
Some of the most common indicators that it’s time for repiping services include:
- Frequent Repairs: Perhaps the most important of all the signs, needing frequent pipe repairs is a huge red flag that a deeper issue is present. Many homeowners spend more money repairing their pipes from leaks and corrosion than the total cost of new piping.
- Abnormal Tasting Water: As our piping increases in age, there is an increase in possible contaminants coming from our pipes and infiltrating our water supply. If you notice the taste of your water is off, it may be due to your piping.
- Low Water Pressure: When our pipes are built up with debris and blockages, our water pressure can decrease drastically. If you find yourself with decreased water pressure, you may be in need of whole-home repiping.
- Old Pipes: There are various different types of piping out there today. Some materials last longer than others. Brass pipes tend to need replacing every 40 to 70 years. Copper pipes usually last around 50 to 70 years. Galvanized pipes should be replaced immediately as they are no longer accepted as safe.
- Leaks: If multiple pipes in your home are leaking, it could be more cost-effective to repipe your entire home.
Because your plumbing system is so integral to your daily life, it’s important to pay attention to these warning signs. While some of them can easily be solved with a few repairs, if your pipes require frequent attention, there’s a cause for concern.
Choosing Your Repiping Material
As we stated above, there are many different piping materials available on the market today and they all have their own individual benefits. The most common type of pipes available today for a whole-home repiping project include:
- Copper Piping: Copper is considered one of the most sought-after lightweight materials to use when it comes to the pipes for your home. Copper is extremely durable and tends to last a long time. Copper is also a heat-resistant material, allowing it to hold up no matter what the weather is like.
- PEX Piping: PEX is one of the most affordable and universally utilized options in residential areas. Like copper, PEX piping is resilient to freezing temperatures which is absolutely needed in Coeur d’Alene and Post Falls. This is an option that is less prone to corrosion since its materials are acid-proof. PEX is also very eco-friendly as the materials used are easily recyclable.
- CPVC Piping: Though this is an extremely economical option for piping, CPVC isn’t as durable as alternative options available on the market. However, like PEX, these pipes are less prone to corrosion due to its acid resistance.
All these plumbing materials are functional for your plumbing needs. The most important thing to remember, however, is that professional installation is required. When you work with our Coeur d’Alene or Post Falls plumbing contractors, you’ll enjoy long-lasting solutions and honest pricing.
A whole-home repiping is the perfect opportunity to customize your home. Be sure to make the most of your upgrade with our bathroom remodeling services!
Hire Our Repiping Specialists
When it comes to repiping your home, there is no DIY method or Youtube tutorial that can guide you. This is a big job that requires specialized techniques and training-based knowledge from a professional piping contractor. A River City Plumbing is your plumber of choice for friendly customer service as well as top quality workmanship in Coeur d’Alene and Post Falls, ID. We work with high-quality materials and always complete work to the highest standard possible, ensuring you can enjoy an optimally working plumbing system for years to come.