When it comes to remodeling your bathroom, there are a few things that require more experience rather than a novice DIY attempt. While picking out wallpaper and light fixtures is fun and exciting, there are components of a bathroom remodel that require a more technical approach, mainly your plumbing. When it comes to dealing with repiping or leak repair, you need a qualified contractor for the job. A River City Plumbing is your reliable Post Falls bathroom remodeling company also serving the Greater Spokane, Washington areas. We can help make your dream bathroom a reality!
An upgraded bathroom needs a quality supply of hot water. Add savings and functionality to your home with a tankless water heater.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Shower or Tub
Your shower and bathtub are the highlights of the bathroom. While toilets and sinks primarily serve functionality, your shower and tub offer relaxation as well. Because of this, it’s essential that these fixtures stay up to date and function as efficiently as possible.
Common signs it’s time for this fixture replacement include:
- Mold: When our showers spring a leak, it’s usually an easy repair job to fix the leak and go on and enjoy your shower. However, when a leak goes undetected for a while, your shower provides the perfect living conditions for mold growth. When this happens, it’s best to replace the shower altogether to avoid the growth and spread of mold any further.
- Cracks: If your shower or tub has cracks, it can quickly become a dangerous situation. Cracks in tile can cut your feet or cause you to slip and fall while standing up in the shower. Aside from the dangers, cracks are also simply aesthetically unpleasant.
- Aesthetics: Over time, our tastes and styles change and what we once found attractive no longer pleases the eye. Or in some cases, you may have bought a fixer-upper and can no longer stand the sight of turquoise or pink shower tile that was so adored in the 70s. We can help you achieve the bathroom of your dreams with professional remodeling services.
Regardless of the reason, replacing your shower or tub is the easiest way to make a big impact on the look and feel of your bathroom. Whether you opt for a glass shower enclosure, clawfoot tub, or walk-in shower, upgrading adds value and functionality to your bathroom.
When Should You Opt for Toilet Replacement?
Most people don’t realize the value of replacing the toilets in their home. Nevertheless, there are a few easy ways to spot signs that usually signal it’s time for toilet replacement. Some of the most common indications that it would be beneficial to replace your toilet include:
- Old Age: If your toilet is old and needs many replacement parts to revive it to its original functionality, a toilet replacement may be beneficial to you. When purchased individually, components like new toilet seats, flappers, and valves may add up to cost more than installing a brand new toilet.
- Presence of Cracks: Porcelain toilets are highly susceptible to developing cracks over a long period of time. These cracks usually develop in the bowl or tank cover when something hits or falls on the toilet. Even if the crack starts as a small fracture, over time, it can worsen and lead to serious water damage in your home.
- Frequent Clogs: Older toilets are prone to suffer from many different design issues. As your unit increases in age, it may not flush water through the toilet with enough force and constant clogging is destined to transpire.
- Increased Utility Bills: If you’re experiencing a steady increase in your monthly water bills, there’s a chance your old toilet is the culprit. New toilets use less water than older models and often flush with more force, making them a more efficient option.
While you’re likely going to replace cabinetry and wall tiles, upgrading your toilet can have more of an impact both practically and aesthetically. Additionally, it can be a great opportunity to opt for some comforts like a heated seat, an ideal solution for those Coeur d’Alene and Post Falls, ID winter mornings.
Are you simply in need of a clogged toilet repair service? We offer that too! Skip the plunger and give our plumbing pros a call today!
Making Your Dream Bathroom Possible
For over 30 years, A River City Plumbing has been catering to the needs of homeowners all over Post Falls, ID and Greater Spokane, Washington areas. From bathroom remodeling to routine drain cleaning, our plumbing experts are dedicated to making your bathroom thrive. If your home is need of bathroom plumbing remodeling services, pick up the phone and give us a call today! Enjoy honest pricing and friendly customer service.