Clogged toilets are an issue that affects homeowners all around the world daily. Many can recall a time where they were using the toilet and ran into a problem while flushing. Here at A River City Plumbing, we’re here to make sure your toilet is working effectively and efficiently. If you suspect you have a toilet clog, skip the plunger and call our plumbing contractors in Coeur d’Alene and Post Falls, ID to find out how our clogged toilet repair services can benefit you!
One effective way to prevent frequent toilet clogs is with routine drain cleaning services. Give us a call today!
Common Culprits Behind Clogged Toilets
There are many common causes that lead to a clogged toilet, but knowing what they are can help you prevent clogs. Some of these culprits include:
- Toilet Paper: People tend to flush too much paper down the toilet at once which is a sure way to back up your plumbing system. One way to avoid this problem is by first flushing waste then flushing the toilet paper afterward. This can ease the pressure from your plumbing system and help you prevent further problems later down the road.
- Low Water Pressure: In order for waste to be properly disposed of, it requires excessive pressure and a forceful flush. Low flow toilets are one of the primary kinds of toilets that experience frequent clogs because of this.
- Hard Water: Hard water is when water calcifies into mineral build-up and it can wreak havoc on your plumbing system. When you call on our plumbing experts, they will be able to get to the root of the problem and find out if hard water is your toilet clog culprit. If so, we recommend our water softener installation services.
- Flushing the Unflushable: Most people know not to flush items such as feminine products or baby wipes down the toilet, yet they do it anyway thinking there will be no effects. While flushing a wipe or two probably won’t decimate your pipes, they certainly add to the risks of clogs.
How to Prevent Future Toilet Clogs
Our plumbing experts are here to remedy all of your toilet woes and provide long-lasting, effective solutions. While it may be impossible to prevent all plumbing catastrophes, there are preventative methods you can take.
Here are a few different techniques you can utilize to limit toilet clogs:
- Double Flush: This method is beneficial when there’s an excess amount of waste. By double flushing, you are applying enough pressure to knock any leftover residue that could be damaging to your pipes.
- Be Mindful What You Flush: I’m sure we all can recall a time we shamefully flushed something down the toilet other than toilet paper. Items like baby wipes, hair, and feminine products are a cause for toilet clogs, so think twice the next time you’re tempted to do so.
- Replace Your Toilet: This option may appear to be a more costly approach, but it is an effective way of saving money in the long run. Opting for a toilet that is more eco-friendly, and has stronger flushing will save you a lot of money, time and frustration.
Benefits of Toilet Replacement
As modern technology advances, there are thousands of innovations being created to make life easier for the homeowner. One of those upgrades is toilets that are more effective and durable than older fixtures. Even if you opt for a plain old toilet with minimal modern features, you are still doing your Coeur d’Alene or Post Falls, ID home a good service and eliminating the need for frequent repairs.
A few benefits you can expect to reap with a new toilet include:
- Improved Water Pressure
- Better Performance
- Lower Water Usage
- Longer Life Span
- Reduced Water Bills
In addition to toilet installations, our plumbers can also help you upgrade the entire look and feel of your bathroom. Be sure to find out how our bathroom remodeling services can help you!
Hire Our Toilet Repair Pros
Here at A River City Plumbing, we take pride in utilizing our 30+ years of experience to deliver quality plumbing services to Coeur d’Alene and the greater Post Falls area. Instead of spending time worrying about needing constant toilet repairs, let us resolve the issue. While overflowing toilets can cause extensive damage in your home, you can count on our plumbing experts to go above and beyond to make your life as a homeowner easier and stress-free.