Plumbing emergencies are the bane of many homeowners’ existence. From toilets that just won’t flush to a hot water heater that makes loud, disruptive noises, it seems as though plumbing catastrophes are everywhere you look. If you find yourself in the middle of a plumbing emergency, call our team of professionals today and find out how we can benefit you! At A River City Plumbing, we focus on providing customers throughout the Rathdrum, ID area with the very best customer care.
Learn why Rathdrum residents keep coming back to us for all of their plumbing needs! Visit our reviews page to see what they have to say about our service.
Common Symptoms of Clogged Drains
Clogged drains are a very common plumbing issue that millions of homeowners experience every year. While a tub that takes hours to drain is a clear indicator that something is wrong, there are plenty of other symptoms that can help you determine whether or not professional drain cleaning is needed. This includes:
- Slow Drains: Due to an excess of hair, hard water, soap scum, and cooking grease, drains can easily become clogged. If you are experiencing shower drains or sinks that take a long time to properly empty, you may be in need of professional drain cleaning services.
- Strange Odors: Sometimes no matter how much we clean our homes, we can’t shake the foul odor that our drains are responsible for. This is because the culprit behind the foul smells can be deep in the drain and out of arm’s reach. When this occurs, only a professional drain cleaning will rid the funk.
- Gurgling Sounds: Your drains should never emit any noises so if you begin to hear strange sounds such as loud gurgling, this is an indication that something is wrong. Gurgling sounds from drains can also occur when there is an issue with the sewer line in which professional sewer line repair services may be required.
- Various Clogs: If your shower drain is clogged, it could just mean it’s backed up with hair or soap scum. If your kitchen sink has a clog, this could indicate that something is lodged in the garbage disposal. However, if multiple clogs are affecting your home at once, you may just need thorough drain cleaning.
Preventative Measures Against Drain Clogs
Drain clogs can be very inconvenient, especially when they interfere with your ability to use important fixtures such as the kitchen sink or your shower and tub. The good thing is, frequent clogs don’t have to be your fate. There are many preventative measures you can apply in order to prevent your clogs from constantly being backed up.
- Always run hot water down your drains after use to clear out any potential blockages.
- Don’t flush baby wipes or feminine hygiene products, dispose of them properly in the trash can.
- When cooking, never pour cooking grease or oil down the kitchen sink or in your toilet.
- Don’t shave or brush your hair in the shower or sink.
- Invest in a mesh filter for your drains that can catch anything that is not water before going down your drains.
- Bathe pets outside with a hose or designated outside shower.
It’s always a good idea to have a family meeting to help keep up with these preventive measures. In many cases, a conscious effort can help you prevent a major plumbing emergency in your Rathdrum, ID home.
A River City Plumbing is Rathdrum's go-to plumbing company! Visit our About Us page for more reasons why we stand out from the rest of the competition.
Common Water Heater Problems
Water heaters are responsible for providing our homes and families with the hot water we depend on for showering, cooking, and cleaning. That is why it can be extremely inconvenient when they fail and we’re left with freezing cold water to bathe in. Some of the most common water heater issues we treat here at A River City Plumbing include:
- Leaks: A leaking water heater is never a good thing. If your unit is leaking, this could signal that there are cracks in your water heater which indicate that it’s time for water heater replacement services.
- Lack of Hot Water: Nothing is worse than looking forward to a hot shower and having to wait five or more minutes for the water to get even a little warmer. If this sounds like a familiar struggle, it may be time for an upgrade.
- Foul Odor: When our water heaters become old or infiltrated with debris or other contaminants, you can expect your water supply to emit a foul-smelling older that can be compared to mildew.
- Frequent Repairs: One of the surest ways to know a replacement is needed is when you find yourself needing repair services every other month. Oftentimes, homeowners spend more money repairing their unit than it would cost to simply replace it.
A River City Plumbing is dedicated to providing affordable and long-lasting solutions to the greater Rathdrum area. Plumbing emergencies can occur at any moment and when they do, it’s important to call a reliable plumbing company you can trust. Whether you are experiencing a faulty water heater that won’t generate adequate hot water or your clogged toilet just won’t flush, we’re here to help.