Your main water line plays a vital role in your home’s functionality. It’s responsible for providing your home with all the water you need and connecting you to the Coeur D’Alene or Post Falls, ID main plumbing system. A damaged water line can trigger an array of problems in your home, from ruining flooring to creating sinkholes in your lawn due to underground erosion. If you suspect your water line is damaged, give the pros at A River City Plumbing a call, we are your dependable plumbing pros.
In most cases, a water main issue can be detected early on. We also offer professional leak detection services to help catch minor leaks before they damage your entire plumbing system.
What Causes Water Line Issues?
Main water line damage can occur at any time and can happen to anyone. There are many reasons why your main water line may experience a crack or leak, but some of the common causes behind a damaged water line include:
- Poor Installation: Faulty installation can cause major problems with your water line. If you suspect your water line was installed poorly, give us a call.
- Pests: Another common issue that can inflict harm on piping is the infestation of pests and rodents. Rats, opossums, moles, and various other critters have a habit of burying themselves under our houses and wreaking havoc on our home’s underground pipework.
- Old Piping: No matter how great your pipework is, over time, it will eventually get old and succumb to the elements. When pipes become old and corroded, leaks are bound to happen.
- Shifting Soil: There are many things that are predictable in life but sadly, nature isn’t one of those things. Tree roots can grow rapidly and whack your pipes out of place. Soil can erode and put pressure on your piping system.
Signs Your Water Line Needs Repair or Replacement
Since your water line isn’t indestructible, there will eventually come a day when it requires the attention of a professional. Many costly damages due to water line failure can actually be prevented or detected earlier with the care of a professional water line expert. However, even if you’re not an expert, there are a few signs that even the average person can detect and determine something is wrong with the home’s main water line. Five signs that your water line needs to be repaired or replaced are:
- Wet Areas in Lawn: One of the first indications homeowners experience, when their main water line is damaged, is unexplainable wet spots in your lawn. These wet spots can quickly become sinkholes and impose great danger, especially for small children or pets.
- Low Water Pressure: If you notice that your home’s water pressure has drastically weakened, there’s a good chance that a leaking water line is a culprit.
- Foundation Cracks: When an underground leak is present, water can leak into the foundation of your home. When this happens, your foundation can crack as water tries to force itself in.
- Odd Sounds: If the fixtures in your home begin emitting noises such as bubbling, banging, or dripping, this could be an indication that something is wrong with your home’s piping.
- Spiked Water Bill: No one likes being surprised with a hefty water bill that is way more than they expected. If your water bill has significantly changed, for the worst, a damaged main water line may be to blame.
Because your main water line provides your entire home with all the water it needs, even a slight interruption can have a serious impact on you and your family. At the first sign of trouble, be sure to contact our plumbing pros for help. Whether you need a complete water line installation or a simple repair, our contractors can help.
One of the leading causes of water line damage is a plumbing clog. We offer expert drain cleaning services to ensure a long-term fix for your water line concerns.
Hire Our Water Line Repair Experts
At A River City Plumbing, our friendly experts make homeownership easy. One of the main reasons people are hesitant to buy a home is that they will be responsible for issues such as plumbing emergencies or foundation damages. We make this fear a little less scary by providing the Coeur D’Alene and Post Falls communities with quality and cost-effective services. Whether you need leak detection services or water line replacement, we’ve got you covered.